An informal salon for using English discussion to learn about how to look at Japanese gardens, with a lecturer who handles all English translation and interpretation for Ueyakato Landscape. Questions that puzzle foreign visitors and/or questions that Japanese visitors have been waiting for the chance to ask. Let’s learn by talking about them together!
This seminar will be held entirely in English.
After the seminar ends, take your time walking through the garden and reviewing what you’ve learned.
In accordance with Kyoto City’s instructions following Kyoto Prefecture’s declaration of a state of emergency, this event has been canceled as part of our measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection.
- Date: September 28 (Tues.), 2021
- Time: 2:00-3:30 PM
- Cost: 3,500 yen/person (incl. entry fee)
- Place: Main building, 2nd floor
- Number of people: up to 10 (required minimum of 6 participants)
- Lecturer: Michael Shapiro, Heritage and Garden Artistry Division, Ueyakato Landscape
- Language: Mainly English